Wednesday, March 9, 2011

At midnight the horsemen and patrols march down the streets of the French Quarter to bring an end to the celebration of Mardis Gras!!!! What an experience?  I did get to experience the parade of M.G. on St. Charles St. (family atmosphere style).  
These last couple of days were not about the parties, hollering and of course the notorious beads but it was to serve and love my neighbors.  Yes, I know I have neighbors back home, but there's so much more.  Serving away from home will open the eyes of the things inside their community.  The student will then, if their heart desires them too, to serve back home.  Also serving on a short term mission trip just like N.O. will put things into motion for them.
My experience so far as been a blessing.  I have a better understanding about the what, why, and effect of Katrina now.  I want to share with others the impact it had on N.O. and how it will impact those who come to take a piece of N.O. back home.


Thanks for your prayers and thoughts.  We will return on Sat.
Cooper  

1 comment:

  1. I am really glad I got to go on this mission trip. Most of the time when people think "mission trip" they think it is overseas. It was great serving others on our home field. I just got back from Russia one month ago and I want to encourage everyone who reads this to take at least one mission trip. It will change your life. It doesn't have to be far from home. See if you can serve in your own community.

    ReplyDelete